Making a claim can sometimes appear complicated and even daunting, which is why we have set out the following guidelines to help you validate your claim and help us deal with your claim quickly and fairly (however, these guidelines are not a substitute for the policy terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions which you should read carefully):
At the time you buy this travel insurance, if you are aware of any circumstances that may result in a claim, you must tell the Columbus Direct Travel Insurance booking staff.
- Take all travel insurance documentation on holiday with you.
- Always obtain written confirmation of travel delay or cancellation from the airline, ferry, railway or coach operator.
- Ensure you take all possible precautions for safeguarding your belongings.
- If any of your belongings are lost or damaged, report it to the required authority within 24 hours (e.g. police, airline, hotel etc) and obtain an official report.
- Keep all receipts, accounts and documentary evidence as you will need them to make your claim.
- If you receive medical attention, make sure you obtain a medical certificate showing the nature of the injury or illness and the treatment received.
- Do not discuss, agree or pay any potential claim against you for personal liability
- Written notice of any claim should be submitted to the Claims Handler as soon as possible.
- In order to notify a claim, call or write to the Claims Handler (address and phone number appears on the reverse side of the certificate) and you will be sent a claim form.
- Please do not notify Columbus Direct Travel Insurance, as this could delay the claims process.
For contact details regarding claims click here.