My daughter wants to go on a back-packing holiday around Australia for 4 months - will she be covered under my annual travel policy?

No, sorry. Extended or long stay trips must be insured under a separate policy. The maximum duration under an Annual Multi Trip policy for any one trip is 31 days or 60 days (depending on your policy type) - usually sufficient for normal holiday commitments. For more information on travel insurance for long trips, see our backpacker travel insurance page.