Cover for sports and activities on holiday
Adventure travel insurance from Columbus Direct is tailored for those who don't want to just laze on a beach during their holiday. Our Adventure policy pre-selects our Adventure Pack that covers a wide range of sports and activities.
To get a quote simply complete the detail below. We will assess your demands and needs based on these and only present products that meet your selections. In purchasing a policy you understand and accept that this product, all the policy documentation and surrounding services will be provided in English language.
IMPORTANT: You should be aware that this policy does not provide cover for claims relating to the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV).
- Buying online
only takes 5 mins
- Instant insurance
certificate via email
- Buy up to 1 hour
before you leave
- Secure data connection certified by Geotrust
- Up to € 14 million
- Up to € 7,500
- Up to € 3,750
- Many sports and activities covered
- Ski and snowboard
TRAVEL ALERT: Global Coronavirus Outbreak. Restrictions apply to claims related to coronavirus. Find out more ...
More information on adventure travel insurance
If you are going to take part in in sports or activities on holiday, you want to be sure you are covered should you have an accident. Travel insurance does not usually cover all possible sports and activities as standard, you'll want to make sure that the activities you're planning to undertake are covered.
Columbus Direct International covers a wide range sport and activities as standard for you. Many more hazardous activities can be covered optionally for an extra premium:
- These sports and activities are covered as standard: Ballooning as a passenger, basketball, boxing training (no contact), bungee jumping (maximum 2 jumps), cycling (not touring), dinghy sailing, elephantriding (1‐2 days), hiking, horse riding (not jumping), jet boating, kayaking/ canoeing/rafting involving white water rapids grades 1, 2 and 3, marathon running, martial arts training, mopeds, motorcycling on vehicles up to 125cc, overland expedition, parascending/ parasailing, passenger light aircraft/helicopter, river‐sledging, running,safari,sailing inshore (inside 20km limit),scuba diving with a qualified diving instructor (maximum depth 30 metres), sea canoeing, snorkelling, surfing, trekking, water skiing, weightlifting, windsurfing.
- These sports can be covered at an extra premium (select 'Adventure Sports Cover' at the next step when getting a quote): Abseiling, American football, bungee jumping (more than 2 jumps), cricket, deep sea fishing (inside 20km limit), fencing, football/soccer, gliding, gymnastics, hockey, kayaking/canoeing/rafting involving white water rapids grades 4 and 5, polo, rugby (union or league), scuba diving (maximum depth 30 metres).
You should note that there is NO cover for the following:
- Sports or leisure activities where there is a significant risk of bodily injury such as jet‐skiing, quad biking, rock climbing, free climbing, mountaineering normally requiring the use of ropes and guides, caving or potholing, rafting/kayaking/canoeing involving white water rapids in excess of grade 5, canyoning, scuba diving (if YOU are diving at a depth of more than 30 metres; or if YOU are not qualified for the dive undertaken or accompanied by a qualified instructor; or diving alone; or diving on or in wrecks; or cave or ice diving), motorsports or competitions, hunting on horseback, point‐to‐pointing and steeple‐chasing, equestrian competitions, yachting or boating outside coastal waters (20km limit) and any other sports or leisure activity involving physical contact or where there is significant risk of bodily injury.
- Competitive races involving the use of vehicles or watercraft.
- Professional sports.
To see the price of adventure travel insurance from Columbus Direct International, fill out the details on the page above and click ‘show price'.